Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Favorite Tech Tool

You may find my favorite Tech Tool a little surprising....
       Out of all of the things that I have access to and use in my classroom, the simple touchscreen is my favorite.  It is relatively inexpensive, easy to install and makes a world of differences for students who have difficulty accessing technology due to a disability. My students who are unable or unwilling to use a mouse to control software programs designed to reinforce vocabulary and targeted skills are showing enthusiasm when its their turn. I think of it as a mini-Smart Board for my desktop computers.  I am glad to see the marriage of touchscreen technology with laptops and can't wait to upgrade my home laptop. Now if only they would make a touchscreen for existing laptops. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Penny- that is amazing! I love that your students are getting excited about it. Isn't that what makes learning fun? Or should I say teaching?
    Every student should experience success and have some measure of fun while learning! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete